Friday, November 13, 2009

Fresh Start

Hi Everyone !!! Sorry I have been away so long..I had such a hectic week!

I am no longer employed at Sephora..I loved that job so so much but I went back to being a travel agent :) Which is my first true love.
I had applied at a Travel agency way back after I got laid off at he other travel agency i worked at. well just a week ago they called me in for an interview! This is an amazing job, it's challenging and fun. I make more money (which I could use) and have great benefits!

It was a tough decision to leave Sephora, but in the end I knew I wanted to go back to being a Travel agent. I really missed it.

I have my Ireland trip coming up on November 23rd, s I had to let my new job know about it and they were cool about it. I'm shortening my trip by a week though. So excited !

I have been addicted to green smoothies for the past 2 weeks..they make me feel so great and energetic!

As usual I have been eating a ton of oatmeal and sweet potatoes. A whole lot of huge salads. I feel so good about my eating right now, I just hope it stays that way for the long run :)

I've also been doing a lot of baking..I'm really starting to love it. It's very relaxing. I don't necessarily eat all the stuff I bake myself, but rather I give it to family and friends..and they love it! This is a blog I have been addicted to lately,

http://www.bakerella.com/

She makes the most gorgeous desserts ever! My goal is to be able to bake like that one day :)

This delicious tofu was my dinner this evening

Braised Tofu in Spicy Sesame, Peanut Sauce


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

# 1/2 block of Extra Firm Tofu
# 3 Cloves Garlic
# 1 inch Piece of Fresh Ginger Root, Grated
# 2-3 Hot Chili Pepper
# Broccoli
# Bell Pepper
# 1/2 Onion, Cut in to big chunks
# 2 Teaspoons Sesame Seeds, (Lightly toasted)
# 1.5 Tablespoons Organic Chunky Peanut Butter (Use smooth peanut butter if you don’t want the pieces)
# 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
# Hot Sauce ( to taste)
# Salt
# 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil + 1.5 Teaspoon oil (any cooking oil

It was so good and so filling. I love tofu!
Yesterday was such a fun day..one of my best fiends mom is a teacher at an elementary school, and they are having a party (well today they had it) and we got to help decorate! Took us from 3pm to 9 pm..but it was so much fun! here are some silly pics! the decorations were so cute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ahh, sorry so many pics!! I just wanted to share them with you :)

Off to relax and catch on Gossip Girl !! Have a great night!

xoxxooxoxoxoxoxxooox

6 comments:

Jessica said...

the decorations are so cool, i would have done the same and taken millions of photos if i was in your situation it looks so cool, lucky kids

Happy to hear you are doing a job you love :)

Anonymous said...

I love the photos, especially the one when you hug the 2 mouses!

Is bakerella the one who invented the Cake-on-a-stick thing??? I think I saw that blog a while ago :)

Congrats on the new job...it's so awesome, I'm jealous: I'm still searching for a place in Mcdonald...

And if you feel like it, I would love to see the green smoothies recipes, I've never make one O_O!

xoxo
Vanilla

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you're back in a job that you truly enjoy. I can totally see you being an AMAZING travel agent, and it's so important that you love your job.

Aww, that looks like so much fun decorating! I bet those kids had such a fun party!

xxoo
Heather

Anonymous said...

Aww I love your pictures!! They're so funny :)

And I'm glad you decided to go back to what you truly love to do.. you only live once so you better live it up while you can!!

Green monsters = amaaazing!

Anonymous said...

spicy tofu looks AWESOME! i love your blog-you are too cute!

Eleanor said...

You'd make a super Power Ranger.
I always dreamed of being one...


Congratulations on scoring the new job!


Love,
Eleanor.

Post a Comment